Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs wooden and fiberglass boats according to blueprints and customer specifications, using handtools and power tools: Confers with customer or supervisory personnel and reads blueprints to determine repairs needed and plan sequence of operations.
- 2) Examines boat to determine location and extent of defect.
- 3) Cuts out defective area, using power saw, drills, and handtools.
- 4) Measures and records dimensions of defective area and lays out dimension lines and reference points on materials, using rules, straightedge, squares, and scribing instruments.
- 5) Sets up and operates saws, joiners, planers, and shapers to fabricate repair parts.
- 6) Positions and fits repair part in boat and secures part to boat, using caulking gun, adhesive, or carpenter's handtools.
- 7) Cuts fiberglass material to specified size and patches defective surfaces.
- 8) Smooths repaired surfaces, using power sander.
- 9) Installs fittings and equipment according to customer specifications, using handtools and portable power tools.
- 10) Hand brushes or sprays paint or other finishing solution on repaired areas and waxes and buffs area to specified finish.
Is being a "BOAT REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOAT REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOAT REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOAT REPAIRER"
Job Number: 913