"BOAT PATCHER, PLASTIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and repaints defects in fiberglass boat hulls, decks, and cabins, using handtools and power tools: Examines parts for defects, such as cracks and holes.
- 2) Drills out defective areas or smooths rough edges, using portable electric drill and grinder.
- 3) Cuts out patch of fiberglass material, using shears.
- 4) Mixes resin and catalyst, dips patch in solution, and places patch over defect.
- 5) Shapes and smooths edges to match contour of patched area.
- 6) Fills holes with plastic filler material.
- 7) Smooths repaired surfaces, using sandpaper or power disk sander.
- 8) Mixes plastic paint with catalyst and sprays repaired surfaces, using spray gun.
- 9) Cuts out damaged wood bracing strips, using portable electric saw.
- 10) Replaces and bonds strips in place with saturated fiberglass mat.
- 11) Touches up flaws, using paintbrush.
- 12) May polish repainted sections.
Is being a "BOAT PATCHER, PLASTIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOAT PATCHER, PLASTIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOAT PATCHER, PLASTIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOAT PATCHER, PLASTIC"
Job Number: 912