Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs parts, such as hatches, marine hardware, metal trim, seats, cabinets, and windshields on fiberglass, aluminum, or wooden boats, using handtools and portable power tools: Locates and marks position of hardware, seats, and other parts according to specifications, using rule, template, and marking device.
- 2) Cuts or grinds mounting bases or brackets, using portable electric saws and grinders, and bolts or screws them in place.
- 3) Drills holes and bolts hardware, hatches, and other parts in place, using handtools.
- 4) Applies caulking compound under spray rails, windshields, and around windows, using caulking gun.
- 5) Saws aluminum trim to specified lengths and cements, crimps, screws, or pounds trim into place, using hacksaw, crimping device, adhesives, screwdriver, and mallet.
- 6) Inspects completed boat for defects and writes report of appraisal.
- 7) May grind interior and exterior contours of hull to remove burrs and rough edges, using portable grinder.
- 8) May paint pinstriping and lettering on boat, using stencil and brush.
- 9) May measure, cut and install insulation in designated sections of boats, using handtools.
- 10) May be designated according to part installed as Plastic Outfitter; Trim Installer Windshield Installer; Window Installer; Wood And Hardware Outfitter.
Is being a "BOAT OUTFITTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOAT OUTFITTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOAT OUTFITTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOAT OUTFITTER"
Job Number: 911