"BOAT LOADER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Connects hose couplings to enable liquid cargo, such as petroleum, gasoline, heating oil, sulfuric acid, and alum liquor, to be pumped from and into barges and tankers: Reads timetable to determine name of ship, location of pier, and number and types of hoses to be connected.
- 2) Climbs aboard ship and lowers measuring tape and thermometer into each tank to measure depth and temperature of liquid cargo to be unloaded.
- 3) Positions coupling of pier hose next to valve of ship, using winch and boom, and connects coupling to valve, using wrench.
- 4) Attaches ground wire to hose to prevent explosion caused by static electricity generated when liquid cargo flows through hose.
- 5) Opens valve to allow flow of cargo through hose and signals worker aboard ship to start pumps to unload cargo.
- 6) Signals worker aboard ship to pump ballast from cargo tanks in order to prepare transfer of cargo onto ship.
- 7) Signals worker on shore to pump liquid cargo onto ship.
- 8) May be designated according to water vessel loaded as Barge Loader.
Is being a "BOAT LOADER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOAT LOADER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOAT LOADER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOAT LOADER I"
Job Number: 909