"BLOWER AND COMPRESSOR ASSEMBLER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fits and aligns machined parts, such as bearings, diaphragms, impeller wheels, blower casings, shafts, and gear cages to assemble compressors, blowers, and vacuum pumps, according to drawings and specifications, using handtools, power drills, and portable gas heating equipment: Scrapes bearings to fit shafts, using hand scraper, blue chalk, and abrasive paper.
- 2) Screws and bolts together mechanical parts, such as gears, vanes, needle bearings, and ring gear, to assemble gear cage assembly, using wrenches and screwdrivers.
- 3) Shrinks impeller wheel, sleeves, spacers, and balance piston onto shaft to form spindle, using portable gas heating equipment.
- 4) Caulks metal sealing strips into seams of impeller wheels, sleeves, and balance piston to form seal between impeller wheel and diaphragm, using hammer and caulking chisel.
- 5) Lifts and positions spindle into casing to align diaphragm to spindle and upper and lower blower casing, using lead wires, micrometers, and calipers.
- 6) Levels beams supporting bedplates over test pit, using transit, master straightedge, and levels.
- 7) Aligns and levels blower, induction gear, oil tank, and drive unit on bedplate to mark mounting holes, using gauges, rules, punch, and scribes.
- 8) Drills, taps, and reams holes for mounting bolts, coupling guards, and dowel pins, using portable drill press.
- 9) Installs inlet and discharge piping to blower, using handtools, and attaches instruments, such as barometers, thermometers, pressure gauges, thermocouples, and speed indicator to blower.
- 10) Dismantles unit from test pit and cleans and oils parts prior to shipment.
- 11) Makes specified tests to determine blower performance, using electrical test equipment, and records instrument readings.
- 12) May be designated according to equipment assembled as Compressor Assembler; Pump Assembler.
Is being a "BLOWER AND COMPRESSOR ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLOWER AND COMPRESSOR ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLOWER AND COMPRESSOR ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLOWER AND COMPRESSOR ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 893