Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends blocking machine that seals optical or ophthalmic lens blanks in metal blocks preparatory to grinding and polishing of lenses: Applies lacquer to lens blank, using spray gun or brush.
- 2) Mounts lens and block in blocking machine, aligns marks on lens blank and block, and clamps lens and block in place.
- 3) Pulls lever to admit molten pitch or metal alloy and water through holes in block and starts machine that bonds lens blank to block.
- 4) Pours molten pitch or loads solid metal into machine to replenish supply.
- 5) May tend machine that casts metal block and bonds lens to block in one operation.
Is being a "BLOCKING-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLOCKING-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLOCKING-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLOCKING-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 886