"BLOCKER, METAL BASE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines to cast blocks of type metal, mill blocks to specified size, and bond blocks to printing plates: Fills melting pot of stereotype casting machine with bars of metal alloy and sets thermostatic control.
- 2) Tightens clamps on casting box cover and raises casting box to vertical position.
- 3) Moves lever on melting pot to open pouring gate or ladles molten metal into honeycomb mold in casting box.
- 4) Removes cast metal block from casting box after it has cooled and cuts to size on trim saw.
- 5) Operates block leveling machine to mill block surface to specified height.
- 6) Cuts sheet of thermoplastic bond film to size.
- 7) Inserts film between plate back and block top and places assembly on sliding table of heat press.
- 8) Makes proof of cut on transparent plastic sheet to verify color register, using proof press.
- 9) Marks plates for filing.
Is being a "BLOCKER, METAL BASE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLOCKER, METAL BASE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLOCKER, METAL BASE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLOCKER, METAL BASE"
Job Number: 12078