Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Affixes precision optical or ophthalmic lens blanks in metal blocks used to hold blanks during grinding and polishing operations: Selects blocks according to size of lens blank and heats blocks or lenses over gas burner to prepare for adherence of pitch or wax.
- 2) Pours molten pitch into block, using ladle, or melts wax over holding surface of block, using torch.
- 3) Presses and centers lens blank into wax or pitch.
- 4) Pushes lens to test for adherence to block and positions blocked lens under fan for cooling.
- 5) May smooth and remove sharp edges from lens, using grinding wheel.
- 6) May test centering of lens in block, using lapping machine.
Is being a "BLOCKER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLOCKER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLOCKER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLOCKER, HAND"
Job Number: 9053