Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to blend straight run or natural gasoline with chemicals, tetra-ethyl leads, and light distillates of crude oil to produce commercial fuel, according to formula: Reads blending schedules to determine specified components and quantities to be blended.
- 2) Turns controls to open valves and starts pumps or notifies STILL-PUMP OPERATOR to transfer gasoline to blending tanks.
- 3) Computes amount of additives or sets weighing machine that automatically weighs quantities of additives in ratio to quantity of gasoline.
- 4) Turns handwheels to open valves and spray jets to admit and circulate specified quantities of gasolines, additives, and chemicals in mixing tanks.
- 5) Moves controls of pumps, agitators, and mixers to blend mixture mechanically or with air agitation.
- 6) Observes temperature gauges and turns valves to regulate and maintain specified temperature in tanks.
- 7) Draws sample of mixture for laboratory analysis.
- 8) Repeats blending process as required by laboratory recommendations, or starts pumps to draw off blended gasoline to storage tanks or leading racks.
- 9) Opens valves to draw off chemical and lead residue.
- 10) Records quantity blended and materials used.
- 11) May lubricate, adjust, and repair pumps, agitators, and mixers.
- 13) May operate control panels utilizing electronic computers and controls, to blend products in pipelines.
- 14) May be designated according to type of additive as Ethyl Blender.
- 15) May blend asphalt with petroleum products to improve their quality, viscosity, and performance and be designated Asphalt Blender.
Is being a "BLENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLENDER"
Job Number: 848