Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Determines strength and pattern of blast required and charges and detonates explosives in surface or underground mine, pit, or quarry to fracture or separate stone or minerals from solid formations: Studies formation to determine amount, type, and location of explosive charge required.
- 2) Marks pattern of drill holes or issues drilling instructions for depth and placement of blast holes.
- 3) Inserts, packs, or pours explosives, such as dynamite, ammonium nitrate, black powder, or slurries into blast holes and compacts charge, using tamping rod.
- 4) Positions assembled primer and blasting cap in hole at depth that will cause most effective explosion.
- 5) Connects electric wire to primer and covers charge or fills blast hole with clay, drill chips, sand, or other material.
- 6) Tamps material to secure charge and prevent force of blast from escaping through blast hole.
- 7) Inspects blasting area to ensure that safety laws are observed and signals workers to clear area.
- 8) Connects wires to electrical firing device and pushes plunger, turns dial, or presses buttons to set off single or multiple blasts.
- 9) May compile record of blasts.
- 10) May keep inventory of blasting agents on hand.
- 11) May transport blasting agents to blasting area, using light truck.
Is being a "BLASTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLASTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLASTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLASTER"
Job Number: 11757