Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles, plants, and detonates charges of industrial explosives to loosen earth, rock, stumps, or to demolish structures to facilitate removal: Examines mass, composition, structure, and location of object to be blasted, estimates amount and determines kind of explosive to be used, and marks location of charge holes for drilling.
- 2) Assembles primer and places primer with main charge in hole or near object to be blasted.
- 3) Covers charge with mud, sand, clay, or other material and tamps firm to improve detonation and confine force of blast.
- 4) Signals to clear area of personnel and equipment.
- 5) Lights fuse or connects wires from charge to battery or detonator to detonate charge.
- 6) May operate jackhammer, hand drill, or electric drill to bore holes for charges.
- 7) May climb cliffs or banks to plant explosive charge, using ropes and safety harness, and be designated High Scaler.
- 8) May set and detonate explosive charges to improve flow of water into wells and be designated Shooter, Water Well.
Is being a "BLASTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLASTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLASTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLASTER"
Job Number: 833