Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Taps blast furnace to fill ladles with molten metal: Drills taphole preparatory to tapping, using power hand drill.
- 2) Positions splasher plate in front of taphole to prevent splashing of metal when furnace is tapped.
- 3) Guides point of oxygen lance into drilled taphole to tap furnace.
- 4) Opens gates and shutters to direct flow of molten iron onto runners and into ladles.
- 5) Plugs taphole after ladles are filled, using mud gun.
- 6) Assists other workers in breaking up and removing slag from runners, relining runners with sand, clay, and refractory mixture, and drying relined runners.
- 7) Repairs or replaces defective tuyeres, blowpipes, and boshplates in furnace, using handtools.
Is being a "BLAST-FURNACE KEEPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLAST-FURNACE KEEPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLAST-FURNACE KEEPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLAST-FURNACE KEEPER"
Job Number: 835