Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists BLAST-FURNACE KEEPER in tapping blast furnace: Breaks slag from casting equipment, such as slag runners, iron troughs, gates, and dams, using bars, hammers, and shovels.
- 2) Relines runners, troughs, gates, and dams with refractory materials, such as fireclay, sand, and coal dust.
- 3) Cleans and loads clay gun for plugging taphole.
- 4) Removes obstructions in runners during casting operations, using tong bar.
- 5) Obtains sample of molten iron during cast, with spoon and pours sample into test mold.
- 6) Assists in changing tuyeres, coolers, cinder notches, and blowpipes on blast furnace, using handtools.
- 7) Cleans dust, debris, and solidified metal from blast furnace and casting area.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "BLAST-FURNACE-KEEPER HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLAST-FURNACE-KEEPER HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLAST-FURNACE-KEEPER HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLAST-FURNACE-KEEPER HELPER"
Job Number: 836