Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates glass lathe to form glass tubes into glass blanks used in fabrication of laser light conductors: Reads work orders and technical manuals to determine lathe setup procedures, and pushes buttons and turns knobs to adjust lathe gas-injection and temperature controls.
- 2) Locks glass tube into spindle chuck, using wrench.
- 3) Trues and flares glass tube, using lathe carriage burner, ruler, and calipers.
- 4) Attaches chemical spray nozzle to glass tube to coat interior of tube with gases, and inserts auger into tube to remove chemical residue.
- 5) Lowers and locks spindle shield to form dust-free chamber.
- 6) Presses keys on keyboard to transmit production specifications to computer and to transfer lathe operation from manual to automatic control for duration of blankmaking process.
- 7) Observes lathe dials and gauges, computer display panel, and color of flame on lathe carriage burner to verify adherence to manufacturing specifications.
- 8) Calculates data, such as blank weights, diameters, and densities, using calculator, and enters data on record sheet.
- 9) Repairs lathe, using wrenches, pliers, and screwdrivers to correct malfunctions.
Is being a "BLANKMAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLANKMAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLANKMAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLANKMAKER"
Job Number: 831