Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists BLACKSMITH in forging metal articles: Obtains equipment, such as stop blocks and hammer dies from toolroom.
- 2) Cuts metal to predetermined size, using saw.
- 3) Lights furnace and turns control valves to regulate temperature.
- 4) Lifts metal parts from furnace with tongs and places parts on anvil or under power hammer.
- 5) Strikes parts with sledge as BLACKSMITH positions parts over forming dies set in anvil.
- 6) Grinds surfaces of finished parts, using portable and stationary power grinders.
- 7) May sweep floor and remove debris from work area.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "BLACKSMITH HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BLACKSMITH HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BLACKSMITH HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BLACKSMITH HELPER"
Job Number: 6495