Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sharpens boring tools, such as bits and router cutters, using oilstone, and bench grinder with tool-holding adapters: Inserts bit into collet of tool adapter, and turns handwheels to adjust relative angle of bit axis and grinding wheel surface, according to specifications.
- 2) Starts bench grinder, and turns handwheels to move bit against grinding wheel, and turns bit to sharpen each cutting edge.
- 3) Rubs bit on oilstone by hand to smooth edges and complete sharpening.
- 4) May file auger spurs to sharpen them.
- 5) May sharpen cutlery and small shop tools.
Is being a "BIT SHARPENER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BIT SHARPENER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BIT SHARPENER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BIT SHARPENER"
Job Number: 814