"BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs, calibrates, and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation used in health-care delivery field: Inspects and installs medical and related technical equipment in medical and research facilities for use by physicians, nurses, scientists, or engineers involved in researching, monitoring, diagnosing, and treating physical ailments or dysfunctions.
- 2) Services various equipment and apparatus, such as patient monitors, electrocardiographs, blood-gas analyzers, x-ray units, defibrillators, electrosurgical units, anesthesia apparatus, pacemakers, blood-pressure transducers, spirometers, sterilizers, diathermy equipment, in-house television systems, patient-care computers, and other related technical paraphernalia.
- 3) Repairs, calibrates, and maintains equipment, using handtools, power tools, measuring devices, and knowledge of manufacturers' manuals, troubleshooting techniques, and preventive-maintenance schedules.
- 4) Safety-tests medical equipment and health-care facility's structural environment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical or mechanical hazards.
- 5) Consults with medical or research staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely, utilizing knowledge of electronics, medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, chemistry, and physics.
- 6) May demonstrate and explain correct operation of equipment to medical personnel.
- 7) May modify or develop instruments or devices, under supervision of medical or engineering staff.
- 8) May work as salesperson or service technician for equipment manufacturers or their sales representatives.
Is being a "BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 807