Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research into biological aspects of humans or other animals to develop new theories and facts, or test, prove, or modify known theories of life systems, and to design life-support apparatus, utilizing principles of engineering and bio-behavioral sciences: Plans and conducts research concerning behavioral, biological, psychological, or other life systems.
- 2) Studies engineering aspects of bio-behavioral systems of humans, utilizing knowledge of electrical, mechanical, chemical, or other engineering principles and knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- 3) Develops mathematical models to simulate human bio-behavioral systems in order to obtain data for measuring or controlling life processes, utilizing knowledge of computer, graphics, and other related technologies.
- 4) Designs and develops instruments and devices, such as artificial organs, cardiac pacemakers, or ultrasonic imaging devices, capable of assisting medical or other health-care personnel in observing, repairing, or treating physical ailments or deformities, using knowledge of materials compatible with body tissues, energy exchanges within the body, and instrumentation capable of measuring and controlling body functions.
- 5) May specialize in design and development of biomedical equipment used by medical facilities and be known as Clinical Engineer.
Is being a "BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER"
Job Number: 2213