"BIOLOGY SPECIMEN TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares and embeds in plastic, biological specimens of plant and animal life for use as instructional aids: Selects plant or animal specimen in preserved or dried state.
- 2) Dissects animal and cleans all matter from skeletal structures.
- 3) Prepares slices or cross sections of small animals, embryos, or cross sections of animal organs, such as glands, kidneys, hearts, or eyes.
- 4) Selects, trims, and stains a variety of stalks, flowers, and leaves to show plant structure and systems.
- 5) Selects different stains to clearly indicate support structure, circulatory system, or other feature of plant or animal.
- 6) Assembles and positions components of specimen in mold, using pins and holding devices.
- 7) Mixes polylite plastic or other material and completes embedding by varied molding techniques.
- 8) Works with plants, animals, mollusks, insects, and other classes of plants and animals.
- 9) Identifies type and age of specimen, date of preparation, and type of embedding material used.
- 10) May operate incubator to grow chicken eggs for embryo specimens.
- 11) May prepare ecological kits which demonstrate polluting conditions in water, soil, or air.
Is being a "BIOLOGY SPECIMEN TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BIOLOGY SPECIMEN TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BIOLOGY SPECIMEN TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BIOLOGY SPECIMEN TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 2366