Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies chemical processes of living organisms: Conducts research to determine action of foods, drugs, serums, hormones, and other substances on tissues and vital processes of living organisms.
- 2) Isolates, analyzes, and identifies hormones, vitamins, allergens, minerals, and enzymes and determines effects on body functions.
- 3) Examines chemical aspects of formation of antibodies, and conducts research into chemistry of cells and blood corpuscles.
- 4) Studies chemistry of living processes, such as mechanisms of development of normal and abnormal cells, breathing and digestion, and of living energy changes, such as growth, aging, and death.
- 5) May specialize in particular area or field of work and be designated Chemist, Clinical; Chemist, Enzymes; Chemist, Proteins; Chemist, Steroids.
- 6) May clean, purify, refine, and otherwise prepare pharmaceutical compounds for commercial distribution and develop new drugs and medications and be designated Chemist, Pharmaceutical.
Is being a "BIOCHEMIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BIOCHEMIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BIOCHEMIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BIOCHEMIST"
Job Number: 799