Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewing machine equipped with folding attachment to sew binding material over edges or seams of articles, such as camping equipment, linens, parachutes, gloves and mittens, or hats and caps, to reinforce, prevent raveling, and give finished appearance: Places roll of binding on holder and draws end through folding attachment.
- 2) Positions edge of article between folds of binding material and guides article and material under needle.
- 3) Performs duties as described under SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR, REGULAR EQUIPMENT Master Title.
- 4) When binding blankets, folds binding material at end of seam to form corners and sews over folded corner.
- 5) When binding fitted sheets, matches curved edges of sheet and guides edges under needle to form sheet corners.
- 6) May operate sewing machine equipped with shirring mechanism to gather binding as binding is attached to article.
- 7) May be designated according to article or part bound as Band-Lining Bander; Blanket Binder; Ear-Flap Binder; Fitted-Sheet Binder; Flap-Lining Binder; Helmet Binder.
- 8) May be designated: Parachute Taper; Pot-Holder Binder; Screen-Vent Binder; Soft-Hat Binder.
- 9) May bind rug samples and be designated Sample Processor.
Is being a "BINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BINDER"
Job Number: 10160