Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that mixes binder fluid used in production of fiberglass sliver or mats: Weighs and measures ingredients according to formula and pours or dumps ingredients into mixing vats.
- 2) Turns valve to start flow of water and steam into vats and starts portable or power mixer to agitate ingredients for specified time.
- 3) Observes temperature charts and thermometers to determine if specified temperature is maintained.
- 4) Turns valve to increase flow of steam or water to regulate temperature of mixture or notifies supervisor of excessive temperatures.
- 5) Dips beaker into vat to obtain sample of binder fluid and delivers sample to testing room.
- 6) Obtains test results and adds ingredients according to instructions or turns valve to start flow of binder fluid into specified circulatory tank.
- 7) Cleans mixing vats, mixers, and other equipment, using water and cloths.
- 8) Records number of batches mixed, ingredients used, gallons mixed, gallons lost, and net gallons mixed for inventory and production records.
Is being a "BINDER TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BINDER TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BINDER TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BINDER TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 787