Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to cut rubberized fabric on bias for use as plies or other components in tire construction: Turns thumbscrew or setscrew to adjust measuring arm, protractor, and liner roll to feed and cut fabric according to specified width and angle of bias.
- 2) Pulls fabric from roll mounted on letoff rack, inserts through liner roll, and positions under knife on bias-machine table.
- 3) Starts machine and adjusts speed of feed and cutting action.
- 4) Starts conveyor that carries material to SPLICER.
- 5) Measures plies to verify width and angle, using ruler and protractor.
- 6) May be designated according to purpose of fabric cut as Band-Bias-Machine Operator; or type of machine as Bias-Cutting-Machine Operator, Vertical.
Is being a "BIAS-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BIAS-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BIAS-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BIAS-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 767