"BENDING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that bends metal structural shapes, such as bars, strips, rods, angles, and tubes to specified angle or contour: Positions workpiece against end stops.
- 2) Locks holding clamp and guide clamp onto workpiece.
- 3) Lubricates workpiece with oil.
- 4) Pulls lever or depresses pedal to activate turntable which draws workpiece through guide clamp and around die block until stopped by plug stops.
- 5) May slide mandrel into tubing instead of using guide clamp.
- 6) May use hand-powered bending machine.
- 7) May perform such fabricating tasks as flaring tube ends, using tube flarer, or cutting metal stock to length, using power shears or saws.
- 8) May attach specified die to machine, using wrench.
- 9) May be designated according to type of stock bent as Rod-Bending-Machine Operator II; Tube-Bending-Machine Operator II; or type of machine tended as Two-Stage, Steel-Bender Annealer.
Is being a "BENDING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BENDING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BENDING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BENDING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 753