"BENCH WORKER, BINDING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines, marks, measures, and prepares damaged, worn, and softbound publications for rebinding, following specifications: Reads job order for special instructions.
- 2) Stacks publications on table and counts books or journals to ensure order is complete as listed on shipping or job slip.
- 3) Removes cover and endpapers from book body or journal, using hands or scissors.
- 4) Fans pages of publication and inspects publication for duplicate pages, incorrect numbering, and incorrect placement of pages.
- 5) Removes advertisements, address cards, or coupons from publication as specified.
- 6) Cuts and removes thread from spine of books, using scissors.
- 7) Pulls staples, sensors, or spiral bindings from journals or other publications, using handtool.
- 8) Measures and records book or journal dimensions on bindery slip.
- 9) Locates, folds, and trims excess border from maps or other foldouts, using scissors.
- 10) Inserts specified colored paper markers between pages to identify book body with foldouts or narrow edges for BOOK TRIMMER.
- 11) May pull endpapers and reinforcing spine strip for attachment to book body.
- 12) May remove dirt from cover, using cloth and cleaning solvent.
- 13) May prepare and route slip and book case to printing or laminating area.
- 14) May repair cover, using tape or glue.
- 15) May operate machine to emboss name and address on nonmetallic plates.
Is being a "BENCH WORKER, BINDING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BENCH WORKER, BINDING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BENCH WORKER, BINDING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BENCH WORKER, BINDING"
Job Number: 12142