Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and replaces canvas, leather, or rubber belts used to drive machinery and convey materials: Examines belts for defects and cuts out defective sections, using knife.
- 2) Cuts strip of unused belting material, using knife.
- 3) Clamps metal fasteners to ends of belt, using pincers, or splices ends of belt, using splicing machine.
- 4) Positions repaired belt on pulleys.
- 5) Applies dressing compound to belt to prevent slippage.
- 6) May patch and sew defective areas of belts, using needle and thread.
- 7) May specialize in repairing conveyor belts and be designated Conveyor-Belt Repairer.
Is being a "BELT REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BELT REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BELT REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BELT REPAIRER"
Job Number: 727