Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out pattern and shapes sheet metal into brass-wind instrument bells and bell necks, using templates, machine tools, handtools, and blueprints: Traces pattern of bell onto metal, using scribe and template or blueprint.
- 2) Cuts out bell blank, using hand or power shears.
- 3) Hammers blank over bell-shaped mandrel, and butts seam, using notching tool.
- 4) Brazes seam, using torch.
- 5) Smooths seam, using hammer or file.
- 6) Operates draw bench or arbor press equipped with expandable lead plug to shape and smooth bell and bell neck over mandrel.
- 7) Operates spinning lathe to spin bell head and to form bead at tip of bell head.
- 8) Anneals previously shaped bell necks, using hand torch to soften metal for further bending.
- 9) Removes scratches from bell, using abrasive-coated cloth.
- 10) May be designated by instrument as Bell Maker, Sousaphones.
Is being a "BELL MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BELL MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BELL MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BELL MAKER"
Job Number: 9342