Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Aligns dimension stone on bed of timbers preparatory to grinding, polishing, sawing, or chipping: Builds bed of timbers on flatcar or bed of machine.
- 2) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to lower stone and guides stone onto timber bed, aligning stone with arm of polishing machine, surfacing machine, or saw.
- 3) Determines when stone is level, using straightedge and spirit level.
- 4) Signals crane operator to lift stone, or pries up stone with crowbar and levels stone by inserting or hammering wedges and blocks between stone and timbers.
- 5) May assist crane operator to position grinding or polishing wheel on stone.
- 6) May measure and mark blocks for cutting, using rule, straightedge, and crayon.
- 7) May spread abrasive material over surface of stone.
- 8) May shovel abrasive material from mill into storage hopper after grinding and polishing processes.
Is being a "BED SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BED SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BED SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BED SETTER"
Job Number: 7708