Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that grinds rough-sawed stone blocks or slabs to smooth surface and specified finish: Positions designated surface of stone on machine bed, using electric hoist.
- 2) Dumps abrasive, such as grit, sand, and steel shot into hopper of machine.
- 3) Starts machine, turns valves, and opens hopper gate to regulate flow of water and abrasive under stone.
- 4) Measures block or slab to verify thickness with work order specifications.
- 5) Removes finished stone from rubbing bed and cleans abrasive from surface, using scraper, brush, and water hose.
- 6) May place lead or stone weights on block to ensure even abrading of stone.
Is being a "BED RUBBER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BED RUBBER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BED RUBBER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BED RUBBER"
Job Number: 709