Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that transfers rolled steel shapes, such as blooms, billets, rails, and pipe from processing lines to cooling beds: Presses controls to raise roll stop, start conveyor, and position material opposite specified cooling bed.
- 2) Pulls levers to start pusher straightedge and dog-chain that shoves material off conveyor line onto cooling bed.
- 3) Moves controls of dog-chain to pull cooled material from bed onto cradle or transfer car.
- 4) Records number and type of object cooled.
- 5) May assist other workers in making roll and hot saw blade changes and in repairing, replacing, or adjusting mill equipment.
Is being a "BED OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BED OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BED OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BED OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6559