Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates lasting machine to press and shape toe or heel sections of upper on last: Places upper on last in steamer to soften leather.
- 2) Removes upper from steamer, places last on pin jack, and stretches edges of upper over last, using lasting tool.
- 3) Moves controls to close heel clamp and raise toe or heel into wiping position.
- 4) Moves controls to cause wipers to press upper edges against insole.
- 5) May press heated toe iron against upper edges to flatten wiped edges.
- 6) May trim excess box toe and lining, using knife.
- 7) May tack upper or counter insole in place to be stitched or to hold edges until cement dries.
Is being a "BED LASTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BED LASTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BED LASTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BED LASTER"
Job Number: 707