Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Patrols public beach area to monitor activities of swimmers and prevent illegal conduct: Observes activities in assigned area on foot, in vehicle, or from tower or headquarters building with binoculars to detect hazardous conditions, such as swimmers in distress, disturbances, or safety infractions.
- 2) Cautions people against use of unsafe beach areas or illegal conduct, such as drinking or fighting, using megaphone.
- 3) Rescues distressed persons from ocean or adjacent cliffs, using rescue techniques and equipment.
- 4) Examines injured individuals, administers first aid, and monitors vital signs, utilizing training, antiseptics, bandages, and instruments, such as stethoscope and sphygmomanometer.
- 5) Administers artificial respiration, utilizing cardiopulmonary or mouth-to-mouth methods, or provides oxygen to revive persons.
- 6) Compiles emergency and medical treatment report forms and maintains daily information on weather and beach conditions.
- 7) Occasionally operates switchboard or two-way radio system to maintain contact and coordinate activities between emergency rescue units.
Is being a "BEACH LIFEGUARD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BEACH LIFEGUARD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BEACH LIFEGUARD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BEACH LIFEGUARD"
Job Number: 684