Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates firefighting activities of battalion of fire companies in municipality: Determines plan of action of fire companies for answering calls in fire, salvage, and rescue operations.
- 2) Directs inspections of commercial buildings to ensure compliance with fire and safety regulations.
- 3) Enters fire site during fires to coordinate and supervise fire fighting activities of companies on-site, and reports events to superior, using portable two-way radio.
- 4) Plans for purchase of new equipment and use of new techniques in rescue, first aid, and firefighting operations.
- 5) Directs personnel in use of firefighting equipment.
- 6) Inspects fire stations, equipment, personnel, and records of assigned companies to ensure efficiency and enforcement of departmental regulations.
- 7) Recommends awards for personnel for superior service.
- 8) Prepares reports of accidents involving equipment and personnel.
- 9) Keeps equipment and personnel records.
- 10) May direct investigation of causes of incendiary and arson cases.
- 11) May determine cause of fire and appraise amount of fire loss to building and other property.
- 12) May promote fire prevention activities by organizing and training fire brigades in industrial plants.
Is being a "BATTALION CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BATTALION CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BATTALION CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BATTALION CHIEF"
Job Number: 4454