"BASKET ASSEMBLER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that fabricate components of veneer, rattan, reed, and willow baskets of specified size and shape and assembles components, performing any combination of following tasks: Interlaces strips of veneer or other materials to weave basket bottom.
- 2) Tends machine to shape woven bottom and interlace veneer strips with bottom to form sides.
- 3) Bends extended ends of bottom perpendicular to matted portion of bottom and places hoop around ends to hold ends in position for weaving ends and sides.
- 4) Staples rim to basket bottom.
- 5) Tapers or points ends, using knife, and weaves ends into sides.
- 6) Nails rims together to hold sides in place.
- 7) Tends machine that shapes and staples veneer strips to basket rim.
- 8) Tends basket-cover machine to cut cover mats to size.
- 9) Tends machine that bends basket cover into arc and staples rim to cover.
- 10) Stitches or staples reinforcing splints to top edges of mat.
- 11) Shapes wire in bail-bender to form bails.
- 12) Bends soaked wood strips to form basket handles.
- 13) Staples wire handles to rim of basket.
- 14) Tends machine that clamps wood handles to basket.
- 15) Examines baskets for imperfections and discards defective baskets for repair.
- 16) May be known according to type or section of basket formed or assembled as Bottom Maker; Slat-Basket-Top Maker; or machine tended as Handle-Machine Operator; Hoop-Coiling-Machine Operator; Loop-Machine Operator; Mat-Machine Tender.
- 17) May be designated: Basket-Bottom Machine Operator; Braider; Cover-Machine Operator; Cover-Mat-Machine Operator; Handle Bender; Hamper Maker, Machine; Market-Basket Maker I; Stitcher Operator; Webb Layer.
Is being a "BASKET ASSEMBLER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BASKET ASSEMBLER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BASKET ASSEMBLER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BASKET ASSEMBLER I"
Job Number: 7567