Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends and maintains desilting basin that removes silt from river water entering irrigation system: Reads dials and gauges to determine if equipment is operating according to specifications.
- 2) Inspects sluice hoppers of clarifiers to detect clogged valves.
- 3) Flushes valves to clear them.
- 4) Inspects and repairs ventilating blowers, pumps, and corrosion protection system.
- 5) Removes trash from slots of influent channels, using steel rake.
- 6) Sluices sand and silt from ends of channels, using high-pressure hose.
- 7) Lubricates machinery and gear boxes or clarifiers.
- 8) Records equipment malfunctions and corrective actions taken.
- 9) Cleans basin area, pilot houses, and equipment.
- 10) Patrols dam area and compound to guard against fire, trespassing, or property damage.
Is being a "BASIN OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BASIN OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BASIN OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BASIN OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11904