"BARREL-RIB MATTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates planer-type machine to cut matting on sighting ribs of shotguns to improve appearance and reduce glare: Attaches holding fixtures and matting tools on machine and clamps rib, or barrel with rib attached, in fixture, using handtools.
- 2) Depresses lever to position cutting tool in relation to rib, and starts machine which moves rib under stationary tool.
- 3) Maintains even pressure on lever to obtain smooth cut.
- 4) Turns adjustment knob after each pass to increase depth of cut.
- 5) Removes rib from holding fixture.
- 6) May shim fixture to level workpiece.
- 7) May hone surface of rib to remove burs.
Is being a "BARREL-RIB MATTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BARREL-RIB MATTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BARREL-RIB MATTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BARREL-RIB MATTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 630