Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs scratched or dented steel shotgun barrels, using handtools: Examines damaged barrel to determine salvageability.
- 2) Positions and secures barrel in bench vise.
- 3) Draws metal from adjoining barrel surface to fill nicks, dents, and scratches by tapping edges with peening hammers.
- 4) Smooths repaired area and removes blemishes, using handtools and emery cloth.
- 5) Removes worn inscriptions, such as serial numbers and trademarks, using peening hammers, files, and scrapers.
- 6) Replaces inscriptions, using punch dies and mallet.
Is being a "BARREL REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BARREL REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BARREL REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BARREL REPAIRER"
Job Number: 9582