"BARREL-LATHE OPERATOR, INSIDE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to turn down inside surface of tight barrels or kegs to smooth and clean surface: Adjusts machine to accommodate barrel.
- 2) Places barrel in horizontal position between two center supports and pulls lever to actuate end frames which grasp and support ends of barrel.
- 3) Starts machine to rotate barrel.
- 4) Moves lever that causes rotating cutters to enter opposite ends of barrel and contact inside surfaces, exerting sufficient force on lever to cut away specified thickness of wood as cutters advance on opposite sides of barrel.
- 5) Inspects and feels surface for smoothness.
- 6) Stops rotation of barrel and cutters and removes barrel from machine.
Is being a "BARREL-LATHE OPERATOR, INSIDE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BARREL-LATHE OPERATOR, INSIDE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BARREL-LATHE OPERATOR, INSIDE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BARREL-LATHE OPERATOR, INSIDE"
Job Number: 627