Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Smooths and polishes outside surfaces of shotgun barrels preparatory to bluing, using files, striker tools, and emery cloth: Positions and secures barrel in vise.
- 2) Files off excess metal and surface blemishes, such as toolmarks, ripples, pits, and flat spots.
- 3) Examines and feels surface of barrel to determine smoothness.
- 4) Rubs barrel to obtain satin finish, using various grades of emery cloth.
- 5) May secure barrel in filing jig and file with striker tool to taper breech end, using surface as guide.
- 6) May remove excess solder from joints.
Is being a "BARREL FINISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BARREL FINISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BARREL FINISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BARREL FINISHER"
Job Number: 611