Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles, tests, and adjusts mainspring barrel assembly, using watchmaker's tools, handpress, and loupe: Attaches inner coil of mainspring to arbor of hand-operated mainspring winder, and winds spring within body of winder.
- 2) Inserts wound spring into mainspring barrel, utilizing plunger inside winder.
- 3) Presses barrel arbor into position and turns arbor until hook in arbor engages hole in center of coiled spring, using tweezers.
- 4) Places drop of oil on spring, using hypodermic syringe.
- 5) Presses barrel cover into place, using handpress.
- 6) Moves arbor up and down to test endshake, using tweezers and loupe.
- 7) Corrects insufficient or excessive endshake.
- 8) May press rounded punch against barrel hub to correct side-shake.
Is being a "BARREL ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BARREL ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BARREL ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BARREL ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 603