Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates bandsaw to saw curved or irregular designs on woodstock or to saw thick wooden pieces to size: Turns handwheels to adjust machine bed and set tension on blade between drive and idler wheels of bandsaw.
- 2) Turns knobs to adjust guide post of blade, according to thickness of stock, and to position friction wheel behind blade to prevent backward movement of blade when cutting stock.
- 3) Positions jig or attachment on machine bed to cut stock to size, using C-clamps and wrenches.
- 4) Starts machine and pushes or turns stock against bandsaw blade to cut stock along marked outline or configuration of jig.
- 5) Removes cut stock and verifies dimensions of stock, using rule, caliper, and pattern.
- 6) Opens drive and idler wheel covers and turns handwheels to loosen tension on bandsaw blade to replace dull or defective blades.
- 7) May nail several pieces of woodstock together when one design is to be cut.
- 8) May position template on woodstock and mark cutting outline on stock, using pencil and template.
Is being a "BAND-SCROLL-SAW OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BAND-SCROLL-SAW OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BAND-SCROLL-SAW OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BAND-SCROLL-SAW OPERATOR"
Job Number: 584