Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates battery of ball-truing machines to grind bowling balls spherically to size and smooth them preparatory to finishing and polishing: Installs conical grinding rings on opposing spindles and adjusts clearances and angle of cut, using wrenches and gauges.
- 2) Places rough cast ball on holding pad between grinding rings and turns valve to start cooling water to flow over ball.
- 3) Starts machine and moves dial pointer to preset running time cycle on each quadrant of ball.
- 4) Removes ball from holding pad and gauges it with ring or calipers and rule to ensure specified size tolerances.
- 5) May mark imperfections on ball to be drilled and plugged, using crayon.
Is being a "BALL-TRUING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BALL-TRUING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BALL-TRUING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BALL-TRUING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 555