Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles balls from rubber, rubber impregnated fabrics, and leather, on wax-ball lasts, using handtools: Places wax-ball last in holding fixture and brushes on cement.
- 2) Presses and smooths rubber impregnated fabric panels on last in specified pattern to cover ball last, leaving space for door opening flap for wax removal.
- 3) Repeats operation, cementing on specified number of plies to form basketball carcass.
- 4) Inserts bladder into carcass through door opening and inflates to specified pressure.
- 5) Aligns flaps of door to matching edges of carcass, brushes on cement, and presses flaps down to close door.
- 6) Brushes cement on molded carcass or receives cemented carcass.
- 7) Inspects wet adhesive for dried lumps and missed spaces.
- 8) Aligns precut leather or rubber panels between raised ribs of molded carcass.
- 9) Presses and smooths panels onto carcass to complete assembly of basketball.
- 10) Cuts off air valve nipple flush with ball, using scissors or knife.
- 11) Paints stripes along false seams, using brush and ink.
- 12) Waxes balls, using paste wax and damp cloth.
- 13) Buffs ball surface, using power buffer.
- 14) Affixes decals to balls and labels balls, using stencil and spray gun.
- 15) May fabricate and repair rubber or plastic ball bladders.
- 16) May repair returned, worn, or damaged basketballs by putting in new carcasses or repanelling old carcasses.
- 17) May specialize in one phase of assembly and be designated Carcass Assembler; Door Closer; Leather Coverer; or according to type of ball as Basketball Assembler; Soccer Ball Assembler; Volleyball Assembler.
Is being a "BALL ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BALL ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BALL ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BALL ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 545