"BALANCING-MACHINE SET-UP WORKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates dynamic balancing machine to locate points of imbalance on engine or electric motor parts, such as spindles, impeller wheels, armatures, rotors, and flywheels: Positions bearing pedestals according to size of workpiece, installs bearings and keys on pedestal, and aligns drive motor with belt pulleys or drive adapter of balancing machine, using handtools.
- 2) Adjusts stroboscope light to specified intensity and focus.
- 3) Signals crane operator to position workpiece on pedestals and fastens test weight to specified point on workpiece, using hammer, pliers, and welding equipment.
- 4) Starts machine to rotate workpiece.
- 5) Moves controls of machine and observes dials, meters, or trace patterns on screen to determine points of imbalance on workpiece.
Is being a "BALANCING-MACHINE SET-UP WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BALANCING-MACHINE SET-UP WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BALANCING-MACHINE SET-UP WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BALANCING-MACHINE SET-UP WORKER"
Job Number: 10601