Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Off bears from delivery end of range or machine that dyes, finishes, washes, treats, or dries cloth or other textile goods: Observes as cloth winds onto rolls or passes through swing-folding attachment into trucks and notifies supervisor of obvious flaws.
- 2) Measures cloth with ruler and feels cloth discharging from drying cans or tenter frame to verify that cloth meets specifications for width and dryness.
- 3) Moves lever to lower blade that cuts cloth at seams or ravels seams connecting lengths to remove cloth from machine.
- 4) Pushes roll of cloth onto platform or lifts roll from machine brackets, using hoist.
- 5) Places tube on winding shaft and starts cloth winding on tube.
- 6) Replaces filled truck at swing-folding attachment with empty truck to receive folded cloth.
- 7) May wrap cloth roll with burlap.
- 8) May regulate heat of drying cans and flow of water into washboxes by turning valves.
- 9) May be designated according to type of machine as Cloth-Bleaching-Range Back-Tender; Cloth-Finishing-Range Back-Tender; Cloth-Washer Back-Tender; Drying-Machine Back-Tender; Dyeing-Machine Back-Tender; Tenter-Frame Back-Tender.
- 10) May be designated: Cloth-Mercerizer Back-Tender; Desizing-Machine Back-Tender; Dry-Cans Back-Tender; Mangle Back-Tender; Mangle Catcher; Singer Back-Tender; Soaping-Machine Back-Tender; Tire-Fabric-Impregnating-Range Back-Tender; White-Washer Piler.
Is being a "BACK TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BACK TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BACK TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BACK TENDER"
Job Number: 6095