"BACK TENDER, PAPER MACHINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates drier, calender, and winding sections of fourdrinier or cylinder-type papermaking machines to produce paper and wind it onto rolls: Threads continuous sheet of paper through carrier, drier, and calender rolls by hand.
- 2) Observes charts and gauges, and turns valves to adjust steam pressure, temperature of drier and calender rolls, and hot air blowing into continuous sheet.
- 3) Turns wheels to adjust tension on rolls and control running speed of sheet.
- 4) Inspects sheet for defects, such as dirt, slime spots, holes, and wrinkles, and marks defective portions for removal at rewinding section.
- 5) Directs workers engaged in winding, slitting, weighing, wrapping, and stenciling paper rolls.
- 6) May operate size tub or spray paper with steam, water, or dyes to obtain specified finish.
- 7) May operate drying section only to produce rolls or sheets of dry pulp and be designated Back Tender, Pulp Drier.
- 8) May be designated according to type of machine as Back Tender, Cylinder; Back Tender, Fourdrinier.
Is being a "BACK TENDER, PAPER MACHINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BACK TENDER, PAPER MACHINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BACK TENDER, PAPER MACHINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BACK TENDER, PAPER MACHINE"
Job Number: 1230