Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that rolls strips of friction tape onto continuous sheeting of uncured rubber stock and cuts assembly into specified widths and lengths to form backstays for rubber footwear: Selects stock and tape of specified color and thickness.
- 2) Mounts parallel rolls of tape in individual holders and roll of sheeting on machine frame, using hoist.
- 3) Installs reel in cradle for winding sheeting wrapper and attaches mobile electric motor to drive shaft, using collar and wrenches.
- 4) Threads sheeting and friction tape around rollers that guide and press materials together.
- 5) Fastens end of wrapper to reel for rewinding.
- 6) Starts machine and rewinding motor, and conveyor that pulls assembly under rotary gang knives and under guillotine to slit sheet into strips and cuts strips to length.
- 7) Winds friction tape around cardboard tubing to form stick, presses stick across row of strips on conveyor, and places strips between cloth leaves to form book.
- 8) Examines strips for wrinkles and other defects and discards rejects.
Is being a "BACK-STRIP-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BACK-STRIP-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BACK-STRIP-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BACK-STRIP-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8120