Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls and maintains auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, filters, feedwater heaters, chlorinators, and condensers that supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, and auxiliary power for turbines, generators, boilers, and other power-generating plant facilities: Opens and closes valves and switches in prescribed sequence upon receipt of signal from TURBINE OPERATOR or POWER-PLANT OPERATOR to start or shut down auxiliary units.
- 2) Reads temperature, pressure, and r.
- 5) gauges to verify that units are operating at specified capacity, and listens for sounds from machinery that warn of mechanical malfunction.
- 6) Replenishes electrolyte in batteries and oil in voltage transformers and resets tripped electric relays.
- 7) Assists ELECTRICIAN, POWERHOUSE in making electrical repairs.
- 8) Cleans and lubricates equipment and collects oil, water, and electrolyte samples for laboratory analysis to prevent equipment failure or deterioration.
- 9) Tightens leaking glands and pipe joints and reports need for major equipment repairs to POWER-PLANT OPERATOR.
- 10) When working in nuclear-powered generating station, may help transfer fissionable material between vehicles and storage area.
- 11) May fire up and shut down automatically regulated boilers.
Is being an "AUXILIARY-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUXILIARY-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUXILIARY-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUXILIARY-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 479