Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests pneumatic tires and tubes, bulletproof gasoline tanks, caterpillar tracks, and similar equipment to determine that they meet minimum specifications for use on military vehicles: Mounts ordinary pneumatic or bulletproof tires and tubes on tire-testing machines or on appropriate vehicles.
- 2) Inflates tires to prescribed pressure and manipulates controls to operate machines and simulate driving conditions, or drives vehicles, observing indicators and noting tire conditions.
- 3) Directs other workers in firing specified number of bullets into tires at specified places and in taking photographs of test results.
- 4) Fills and weighs bulletproof gasoline tanks and directs other workers in firing bullets through tanks.
- 5) Weighs pierced tanks to determine extent of gasoline loss.
- 6) Mounts military tank tracks on special testing machines and manipulates controls to test tracks under induced conditions.
- 7) Observes results and notes instrument readings.
- 8) Prepares reports indicating results of wear or bullet holes on material tested.
- 9) Interprets test results, using charts and tables.
Is being an "AUTOMOTIVE-TIRE TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUTOMOTIVE-TIRE TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUTOMOTIVE-TIRE TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUTOMOTIVE-TIRE TESTER"
Job Number: 477