Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops improved or new designs for automotive structural members, engines, transmissions, and associated automotive equipment or modifies existing equipment on production vehicles, and directs building, modification, and testing of vehicle, using computerized work aids: Conducts experiments and tests on existing designs and equipment to obtain data on function of and performance of equipment.
- 2) Analyzes data to develop new designs for motors, chassis, and other related mechanical, hydraulic, and electromechanical components and systems in automotive equipment.
- 3) Designs components and systems to provide maximum customer value and vehicle function, including improved economy and safety of operation, control of emissions, and operational performance, at optimum costs.
- 4) Directs and coordinates building, or modification of, automotive equipment or vehicle to ensure conformance with engineering design.
- 5) Directs testing activities on components and equipment under designated conditions to ensure operational performance meets design specifications.
- 6) Alters or modifies design to obtain specified functional and operational performance.
- 7) May assist DRAFTER, AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN in developing structural design for auto body.
- 8) May conduct research studies to develop new concepts in automotive engineering field.
Is being an "AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER"
Job Number: 2044