Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs or replaces upholstery in automobiles, buses, and trucks: Removes old upholstery from seats and door panels of vehicle.
- 2) Measures new padding and covering materials, and cuts them to required dimensions, using knife or shears.
- 3) Adjusts or replaces seat springs and ties them in place.
- 4) Sews covering material together, using sewing machine.
- 5) Fits covering to seat frame and secures it with glue and tacks.
- 6) Repairs or replaces convertible tops.
- 7) Refurbishes interiors of streetcars and buses by replacing cushions, drapes, and floor coverings.
- 8) May be designated according to specialty as Body Trimmer; Bus Upholsterer; Top Installer.
Is being an "AUTOMOBILE UPHOLSTERER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUTOMOBILE UPHOLSTERER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUTOMOBILE UPHOLSTERER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUTOMOBILE UPHOLSTERER"
Job Number: 9838